We are gearing up for the start of the Life Ready Woman class next week.
If you are planning to take the class, we would really appreciate you signing up in advance so we can provide enough workbooks, pretty name tags and table settings. I know these things may sound trivial but we women like things that are aesthetically pleasing. It seems to make everything better.
You may be thinking to yourself this class is not for you and I suppose for many of you it is not. To affirm your choices, I’ve compiled a list of reasons why you should not be taking this class. They are as follows:
1. You have God’s plan for your life totally figured out and are walking it out every day.
2. You never experience any kind of tension with the plates you have juggling in the air and manage your time, priorities and responsibilities perfectly…without flaw or a wrinkle between your eyes. That Proverbs 31 woman has nothing on you.
3. You are completely content as a single woman or totally satisfied in your marriage.
4. You love your body, have embraced it for what it is and as a benefit are enjoying a fulfilling sex life.
5. You have this whole submission thing nailed…
6. If someone else talks to you about submission you are going to throw up the last thing you ate. And maybe the thing before that.
7. You find it easy to make decisions based on eternity and not what’s going on right here and right now.
8. You have no problem believing God… you are in EVERYONE’S Hebrews Hall of Faith and your fears and anxieties about the future never rule your day.
9. Society, the world, your family, and the Church have sent you a message about who you are and what you should be doing and you’re totally down with all of it.
10. You never wonder if life should be/could be different and never find yourself stuck there. Life has turned out exactly as you had planned.
11. You find this whole “identity in Christ” thing really easy to walk out and never let other people’s opinions of you or how you are currently performing in your job or how happy you are in your relationships define you or your self-worth.
12. You enjoy cookie cutters and are perfectly happy living in one.
13. You don’t compare yourself to others.
14. You know how fearfully and wonderfully you have been made, how you have been gifted and you are walking in those gifts daily.
15. You’re fully confident in your calling to rule and subdue the earth, be fruitful and multiply (even when there are no kids to birth and/or raise) and advance God’s Kingdom to His Glory…. no matter what life stage you are in.
Hopefully you got a good laugh and understand there is something for all of us in this material. In preparing to teach this to you I have been challenged and encouraged in many ways. It is my prayer you will come away with a clearer understanding of the magnificence of God and that Jeremiah 29:11 was a word given to a weary and wild nation but it also really does mean something personal, real and practical for you.