Paula Gooch wrote a strong reminder this morning never to forget the devastation that abortion brings not only the babies who fall victim and the tearing down of our country, but we also remember that abortion brings devastation to the women volunteering for the procedure because they see no other alternatives. Paula has also compiled a list of resources for further action or further help:
There are many pregnancy help centers which provide free, confidential and supportive help if you are in a crisis pregnancy. Many also offer free, confidential, and supportive counselling and will walk with you through healing if you have had an abortion in the past.
- Our local pregnancy help center in Torrance, California provides free ultrasounds, STD testing, counseling, etc.
- To speak with a counselor via phone or online chat.
- For a friendship-style support in your crisis pregnancy
Although ultimately this is a spiritual battle (not simply a political one), there are ways to make a difference politically.
- Read an article by CitizenLink (a ministry of Focus on the Family) about a prolife legislation recently passed
- Also, the CitizenLink magazine for the month of January 2014 focuses on this topic. To subscribe to this magazine go here.
God can change hearts and lives through the power of prayer, so pray on behalf of the unborn! Additionally, here are a few other ways God may desire to use you to rescue these precious lives:
- To volunteer at the Pregnancy Help Center
- Read an inspiring article about abortion, page 10 of the magazine
- Watch October Baby, a movie based on the life story of Gianna Jessen (an abortion survivor)
- Read the book of Gianna Jessen‘s life story
- Read the dramatic true story of a former Planned Parenthood leader’s eye-opening journey across the life line
- Read a testimony about a young woman who had an abortion and God’s healing in her life
And lastly, let us not forget to pray fervently for our country and live a life of compassion to all those who have suffered the effects of an abortion and for those who continue to fight for a pro-abortion society.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12