Last year our monthly give-away revolved around what we, the blog contributors, were into. This year we’re focusing our attention on you – the church member, the reader. Every month we’ll hear a little something from someone who attends our church. Maybe you know each other. Maybe you don’t… yet.
This month’s give-away? ONE SCHOLARSHIP TO THE UPCOMING WOMEN’S RETREAT! Say, WHAT?!? That’s right, if you leave a comment here on the blog or on the Facebook link you have a change to win! The winner will be announced tomorrow evening at 8:30pm.
The month of January is clothed in newness, so this month we meet a new member to KHC. Meet, or say hello again, to Casie Duvall.
1. Tell us about your family…
Mark and I have been married 25 years. We both teach at Torrance High School. Our son, Gibson (18), is a freshman in the Honors Transfer Program at El Camino and works at Starbuck’s. Our daughter, Haley (16) is a junior at Torrance High School. She pole vaults for the varsity track team and is involved in the Theatre program, as well.
2. How long have you been coming to KHC?
Gibson and Haley started attending KHC in January of 2014. Mark and I have attended since June.
3. Is there a specific ministry that has blessed you thus far? (for example, Moms United, Moms Inc., Youth Group, etc.) Haley and I have both been tremendously blessed (and stretched!) by Royal Family Kids Camp and Club. Our family is mentoring one of the precious kids we met at camp. The youth group and young adult group has been a blessing to my kids, which is a blessing to me.
4. What are three words you would use to describe yourself? enthusiastic, intentional, compassionate (but those are just the good ones – I’d have no trouble coming up with far more than three words to describe the less-than-lovely side of me, but we’ll stick with the good qualities for now; I don’t want to scare anyone off. )
5. What do you do when you have free time? Do you mean what do I do with my “free time” when I refuse to grade papers? I love spending time with family and friends. I particularly delight in having folks gather around my grand dining room table to enjoy a meal I have prepared for them.
Now it’s your turn. Tell us how long you’ve been attending KHC.