Take a few moments and read the following Psalm. What does it say about God’s love and what does it say about how he deals with his people?
“You, Lord, showed favor to your land;
you restored the fortunes of Jacob.
You forgave the iniquity of your people
and covered all their sins.
You set aside all your wrath
and turned from your fierce anger.
Restore us again, God our Savior,
and put away your displeasure toward us.
Will you be angry with us forever?
Will you prolong your anger through all generations?
Will you not revive us again,
that your people may rejoice in you?
Show us your unfailing love, Lord,
and grant us your salvation.
I will listen to what God the Lord says;
he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants—
but let them not turn to folly.
Surely his salvation is near those who fear him,
that his glory may dwell in our land.
Love and faithfulness meet together;
righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Faithfulness springs forth from the earth,
and righteousness looks down from heaven.
The Lord will indeed give what is good,
and our land will yield its harvest.
Righteousness goes before him
and prepares the way for his steps.”
~ Psalm 85
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
~ John 13:34-35
A women’s retreat is the perfect opportunity to set aside time for the sake of your soul and to relish God’s unfailing love for you. There you will have time to be silent and be still before him, and make space to hear from Him.
It’s also a great setting to enjoy the Love of God through His people. The apostle John, known as the “one whom Jesus loved” has a lot to tell us about God’s love. One of the most important things he shares is in the above that we will be known by the love of Christ in us as the love of Christ flows through us.
Today, let’s pray for our time together… pray and ask God to:
- Lead us out of our comfort zones and go boldly before Him
- Increase our desire for Him and decrease our desires for the things of the world
- Help those of us who feel lonely and anxious about attending to make quick connections with other women.
- Cultivate an environment where everyone will feel a sense of belonging
- Give us the courage to look for the lonely and reach out to those we haven’t met yet
- Help every woman who is supposed to get there… to get there. Pray against sickness and distress
- Give us thankful and expectant hearts for Him and all He has for us!